Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Warning Sign

One month and a week later we are still standing on our feet. Everyday it is a little more weird too think dad isn't coming back though. Sometimes I imagine he is just on a long vacation and it will only be a few more days until we get to see him again. I guess that is kind of what he is doing...especially when compared to eternity.

I was just sitting here at the office looking at my guitar junk that I finally set up after like two months and thinking about all of this mess. I am constantly amazed at the speed in which things can disappear from your life. This may be a loved one, a friend, a relationship, or even a job. I have friends who like me have lost loved ones in an instant, friends who lost their long time gig in an instant, and then of course there is my family who lost someone they loved. The obvious question is why. The obvious answer is..we have no answer. Something I really respect about the people who are walking all of their own mess and mine is their resilience and stead fast belief that at the end of the day we serve a God who loves us.

I am a mess ya know? It hurts when something exciting happens and I cant call my dad. Instead I just kind of look up and smile thinking "ya, you already know." God I hope I can help others the way I have been helped through all of this.

And yeah I sound kind of sad and disappointed but in all honesty, their has been so much healing already.

And now I have totally lost my train of thought.

I think the point was....we all go through a bunch of crap. And I am amazed and how people handle all of that crap, whatever it may be.

Thats all I got!

No comments: